Saturday, August 4, 2018

My 70th Birthday celebration

Although my birthday is on 3rd August, we decided to have the celebration on Saturday 4th to make it easier for our friends to attend.


25 of our friends were able to attend the celebration meal which was held in the village restaurant.


The meal went down really well and everyone enjoyed it.


The photos were taken by José Antonio and the video by Juan - both worked relentlessly and captured every moment.


After the meal it was time for more fun so we had the "1948 quiz",...


... a very important year as that was when I was born.


 Margaret asked me 3 questions and I got them correct - my prize was a bow tie!



After that, I asked the remaining 26 questions and each person had the answer to 1 of those questions on their place card in front of them - everyone got a prize...


...which was delivered to the recipients by our 2 excellent helpers, Ariadna and Claudia.


Everyone wore their "prizes" for these photos.


Some had won ties, braces, hats,...


...garlands, necklaces, clip-on head wear and comic sunglasses.


After the meal we all came back to the bodega in our house for the birthday cake. As you can see from the photo above, I'm not 70, I'm 35,...


...in each leg...


...and more toasts and well wishes with more cava!


Everyone was extremely generous with their presents and after the presentations, it was time for a group photo outside in the cooler early evening.


Finally, supper for friends who had stayed on to help clear everything away!

What a celebration! Well, you only have a 70th birthday once!

To see the slideshow of the photos click HERE

No comments: