Sunday, April 14, 2019

Cretas Medieval Fayre

This afternoon we went to Cretas to pay a visit to their annual medieval fayre.


As usual they had traditional crafts being demonstrated...


...and a collection of hobbyhorses which played authentic clip-clop sounds and whinnied with their lips moving! I almost bought one for myself!


The interior of the church is splendid.


On our annual shopping list is a loaf of real handmade bread.


Margaret bought me a very good quality leather belt which was made for me as we waited...


...and another purchase was a mug with a name - but they only had Spanish names so it is for one of our Spanish friends.


How high can you kick? Admittedly, this guy was on stilts...


...while his very slim friend was close behind...


...as they walked through the narrow streets accompanied by traditional musicians.


Say "cheese" for the photo. We bought a goats cheese here to go with the bread.


Another craftsman chipping away - I didn't like to distract him while I took the photo.


The pillar in the centre of the Plaza Mayor with the moon making an appearance...


...and the ladies concentrating on their lacework. A great afternoon out!

No comments: